Training and capacity development help in optimizing the utilization of human resources that further help the employee to achieve the organizational goals as well as their individual goals. Attending personal growth, developing skills and increasing the job knowledge at each level and expanding horizons of human intellect and to develop the overall productivity are the major results of proper employee training.
Training helps in increasing the productivity of the employees that help the organization further to achieve long term goals. To inculcate the sense of team work, team spirit and inter team collaboration helps to develop the zeal to learn within the employees.
This also helps to develop a learning culture within an organization. While building a positive perception about the organization the employees improve upon the quality of work & work & work life as a result of providing quality training. Creating a healthy working environment, training builds god employee relations thus aligning individual goals with organizational goals.
Training will create a better corporate image of the organization improving the morale of the workforce. This also leads to improved productivity and the more positive attitudes towards profit orientation. All in all training helps in organizational development with effective decision making, problem solving and carrying out organizational policies effectively. Developing leadership skills motivation, loyalty, better attitudes and other aspects that successful employees learn by training ultimately demonstrating commitment keeping employees on the cutting edge of knowledge and practice.
These training programmes cover the department staff of Engineers, Engineering Assistants SLTS staff, Administration staff including management Assistance skills and unskilled minor staff.
Most important in service training programmes including Diploma in Irrigation Engineering are being conducted at Irrigation Training Institute at Galgamuwa and Kotmale International Training Institute.
These programmes are conducted by the department as well as by SLIDA, ICATED, PSTI, CHPD foundation Institute and by the universities. In addition to the above local programmes arrangements are made for the overseas long term & shot term training programmes, seminars, workshops etc.
- Overall supervision and general administration of Training and Capacity Development Sub Department.
- Identify and access the training and capacity development needs in optimizing the utilization of human resources in order to achieve organizational goal and as well as individual goals of the employees.
- Designing and executing training programmes in head office as well as in the ranges.
- Over all supervision and allocating funds to the training institutes under the panel of the Irrigation Department of Ministry of Irrigation Department Water Resources Development.
- Identify and conduct recruit and promotion examination of the others employees of the Irrigation Department and publishing the result on time.