Functions & Responsibilities
To assist the Head of Department in the execution of duties as the Accounting Officer of the Department in terms of the delegation flowing from the Constitution and other related rules and regulations.
- Formulate and implement the Financial Plan.
- Ensure timely submission of estimate of Revenue. Advance Accounts and Supplementary Estimates.
- Review of cash forecast and ensure effective implementation of cash management.
- Allocate budgetary provision and cash imprests to decentralised units and apportion funds to other implementing units.
- Assist the Head of the Department regarding delegation of authority on financial matters in terms of FRR.
- Direction and general supervision of the Finance Division including the regional and Divisional offices in respect of Accounting and Financial matters.
- Install systems for collection of revenue and other dues and disbursement of public funds.
- Supervision on official Bank accounts and ensures prompt reconciliation and follow up action.
- Ensure recording of financial transactions in the relevant documents.
- Render financial reports, monthly, quarterly and periodically as laid down to the relevant authorities.
- Ensure expeditious Procurement of supplies / services / Works by following Financial Regulations and other instructions.
- Ensure systems for stores management, maintain inventory and manage other assets
- Install effective internal control system
- Review periodically financial performance in regard to revenue and expenditure against targets and take remedial action.
- Ensure operation of Advance Accounts activities within the prescribed limits.
- Ensure proper accounting of receipts and disbursements of foreign-aid in terms of agreement and other instructions
- Ensure prompt reconciliation of relevant accounts monthly and periodically with corresponding accounts in Treasury and other institutions.
- Render Annual Appropriation Accounts, Revenue Accounts, Advance Accounts and Deposit Accounts in terms of F.RR and other instructions.
- Co-ordinate with Ministry, Treasury and other organisations regarding audit queries, COPA reports.
- Functioning as a member of the Department Procurement Committee
- Serve as a member of the Audit and Management Committee of the Department