We offer the following services to the Employees of the Department, other Government organizations and youths to be part of the Department.
- Identify training and capacity development needs in the Irrigation Department.
- Organize and conduct in service training programs at ITI (Galgamuwa), KITI and Head office and residential training course at ITI, KITI for department officials.
- Communicate with governmental and nongovernmental organizations to provide training opportunities outside the department.
- Coordinate overseas training. Communicate with external Resources Department, Prime Minister’s office, embassies etc. regarding said training.
- Calling applications, issue admissions, organize and conduct Promotion and Efficiency Bar Examinations of Department officials and also communicate with Examination Department, Engineering Services Board, SLIDA regarding them.
- Organize and conduct examinations to recruit new hands to the department when necessary.
- Take steps to conduct exams according to the schedule throughout the year and issue results on time and maintain documents and correspondence relevant to them.
- Organize seminars, presentations etc. in connection with Technical and Engineering matters.
- Conduct Tamil Language courses for department employees for the advancement of their second language proficiency.